This punctual response aims to support the production of artistic works during, in reaction to or following the crisis. The goal is to give a voice and a space for expression to artists from a variety of backgrounds, focusing on emerging artists’ works, with the aim of making cultural actors – who are little highlighted and particularly vulnerable to this crisis – “visible” and “audible” .
Africalia’s objective is to allocate 50 grants with a contribution of €1,500 per artist, in its countries of intervention: Burkina Faso, Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Kenya, Zimbabwe and Uganda.
Interested? Find all the information below and submit your project before June 2, 2020!
FOR WHOM ?
These grants are for :
- ARTISTS, all disciplines combined
- Resident in one of the countries of intervention of Africalia: Burkina Faso, Kenya, Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Zimbabwe
- More details in the call and the application form
Response to Covid-19 “Here and Now” or “Tomorrow’s World”
- « Here and now »: Inspiration: during this unprecedented situation, the artist is offering a reflection on Covid period, a look at society, an escape, a message of hope…
- « Thinking the world of tomorrow»: in order to participate in building a more sustainable and fairer future, the artist is offering his vision, questions, ideas, and creativity… What will the post-crisis world be like: can we reinvent it?
HOW TO APPLY ?
The complete files (application form and all appendices) must be submitted in its entirety by email before June 2, 2020 (inclusive) to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (mention as Subject: “Creativity is Life – YOUR COUNTRY“) find out more here.