The Lazord partners are pleased to announce the opening of applications to become a 2020-2021 Lazord Fellow. As a Lazord Fellow, you would be joining a multi-dimensional program that seeks to empower its fellows to develop a critical understanding of civic engagement, and to improve their leadership and technical skills for their future careers in all sectors. The program achieves its mission through offering mentoring, providing job
opportunities in organizations striving to advance the common good, and creating enriched educational opportunities.
- Be hosted for one year in a local non-profit or for-profit organization;
- Receive a living stipend (based on local living costs);
- Be offered a minimum of 18 training sessions by influential civil society leaders and professional trainers on an array of topics pertaining to civil society, entrepreneurship management, leadership, team building, business skills, and much more;
- Receive monthly mentoring sessions with professional mentors with civil society experience.
- Have networking opportunities with professionals and influential individuals from all sectors – both local and international;
- Males applying from Egypt have to either be exempt from military service, already received the certificate of exemption or be done with their service;
- Attend the annual opening and closing International Conferences* with the regional cohort of fellows from all 3 countries.
- For public universities graduates: open to all graduates from any field;
- For private university graduates: need-based scholarship granted for at least 2 years;
- Having graduated in 2018 or after;
- Proven record of being civically engaged;
- Ready to commit to a one-year full-time fellowship starting September 2020;
- Be available to attend the annual International Conference* from September 21 to September 25;
- Have local residency status and authorization to work in the country of the fellowship to which you are applying.
DEADLINE: July 4 2020.
Applicants from Egypt are to visit here to apply.