Got a Question?
Terms and Conditions
- Only registered participants shall be permitted to enter the Competition, provided that all information provided by the Participant is complete and correct.
- Participants must be Zimbabwean residents between the ages of 16 and 35 years old. By submitting an Entry for the Competition the Participant confirms that he/she is within this age range. Youth Connekt Zimbabwe may at any time request that a Participant provide evidence of the aforementioned. Failure to do so may result in a Participant being disqualified.
- The main criteria are that businesses entered into the competition should be: 1). Responding and providing solutions to COVID-19 in Zimbabwe 2). have potential to be scaled up and deployed quickly 3). Innovation 4).have the potential to create jobs
- Participants must be available to provide additional information at any time during the application and selection period upon request
- Youth Connekt Zimbabwe and partners will make or ask Participants to make video recordings and take photographs during the process and some of this material will be used on the Youth Connekt social media pages, and in other reports and platforms, including the press. By entering into the Competition the Participant confirms that he/she and his/her/its team have agreed to be recorded and photographed, and that Youth Connekt may use the videos and photographs as required.
- Participants’ pitches/applications shall comply with the requirements as outlined at the start of the competition.
- After closing date of the applications, Youth Connekt partners shall evaluate the applications and determine a shortlist that may be requested for additional information. The determined winners will proceed to receive monetary and/or incubation support for their businesses.
- Any costs associated with participation in the Competition by a Participant (including for data costs, travel, accommodation etc) is the responsibility of the Participant, and will not be borne or subsidized by Youth Connekt.
- Winners will become eligible to receive monetary and incubation prizes dependent on business needs provided in the application. These funds will be drawn down and applied to business costs and purchases. They will not be handed over to the winners as cash.
- Failure to agree to these terms will result in the Participant being disqualified in which event Youth Connekt may select an alternative winner from those Participants selected as finalists.
- The decision of the judges appointed by Youth Connekt to award a prize shall be final and shall not be subject to any objection or review.
- Prizes shall be non-transferable and shall not be eligible for exchange for or any other alternative.
Notice and Disclaimer
YOUTH CONNEKT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO POSTPONE OR TERMINATE THE COMPETITION AND THE PRIZE, OR ANY ASPECT THEREOF, FOR ANY REASONS WHATSOEVER PRIOR TO THE DETERMINATION OF THE WINNER. IN SUCH EVENT, THE PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS AND EXPECTATIONS WHICH IT MAY HAVE AGAINST YOUTH CONNEKT AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT WILL NOT HAVE ANY RECOURSE OR CLAIM AGAINST YOUTH CONNEKT. YOUTH CONNEKT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW (LAW OF ZIMBABWE) DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY AN PARTICIPANT WHICH MAY ARISE AS A RESULT OF THE PARTICIPATION BY THE PARTICIPANT IN THE COMPETITION.
WARRANTY, PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
THE PARTICIPANT WARRANTS THAT THE INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY HIM/ HER IS CORRECT AND THATHE/SHE HAS NOT INFRINGED ON THE RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY REGARDING THE CONTENT SUBMITTED BY HIM/ HER TO YOUTH CONNEKT IN RELATION TO THE COMPETITION.
THE PARTICIPANT FURTHERMORE UNDERTAKES THAT THE CONTENT, IDEAS OR PROPOSALS SUBMITTED BY HIM/ HER UNDER AN ENTRY (“IDEAS”) IS ORIGINAL AND DOES NOT COMPRISE AN EXISTING IDEA OR SOLUTION WHICH IS IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN OR WHICH HAS ALREADY BEEN IMPLEMENTED IN THE INDUSTRY TO WHICH THE COMPETITION RELATES. THE PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IDEAS WHICH ARE NOT ORIGINAL WITHIN THE MEANING DESCRIBED IN THIS CLAUSE, OR WHICH HAVE BEEN INDEPENDENTLY DEVELOPED BY ANY THIRD PARTY WITHOUT REFERENCE TO THE IDEA(S) SUBMITTED BY THE PARTICIPANT, MAY BE USED FREELY AND INDEPENDENTLY WITHOUT FURTHER REFERENCE TO THE PARTICIPANT, AND THE PARTICIPANT SHALL NOT HAVE ANY RECOURSE AGAINST YOUTH CONNEKT OR ITS PARTNERS IN THIS REGARD.
THE PARTICIPANT GRANTS YOUTH CONNEKT AN IRREVOCABLE, PERPETUAL AND ROYALTY FREE LICENCE TO USE THE PHOTOGRAPHS AND VIDEO FOOTAGE INCLUDING FOR PURPOSES OF THE COMPETITION AND THE YOUTH CONNEKT INITIATIVE. YOUTH CONNEKT MAY USE (AND WHERE REQUIRED RETAIN) THE PERSONAL INFORMATION OF THE PARTICIPANTS FOR FUTURE ENGAGEMENT IN OTHER YOUTH CONNEKT PROGRAMMES