The “Beat the Pandemic (COVID-19)’’ challenge event is the first Zee Magazine Africa virtual hackathon. Zee Magazine wants to channel and unlock untapped potential into positive.
42% of people in sub-Saharan Africa live on less than $1.90per day. How can vulnerable populations protect themselves from the effects of COVID-19?
Zee Magazine’s goal is for teams to design and build local solutions to these now global problems.
Winning teams will receive:
- Organizational support
- Computing resources
- Zee Magazine Africa content feature
- Validate and implement solutions developed.
- Participants ages 15+ of all experience levels, professional and academic background, and skill sets are welcome; what matters most is your commitment to making an impact and your willingness to collaborate.
- Participants of all academic and professional backgrounds are welcome! Technical or medical experience is always helpful, but not required.
- Participants must be African citizens: non-African citizens are not eligible to participate.
Friday, July 31
Event Kickoff and team formation (start time: 2PM EST).
Saturday, August 1
Teams hone down on the problems, generate solutions, including proof of concepts, prototypes and preliminary vision of execution.
Sunday, August 2
Teams submit final presentation
Part 1 and Part 2 Winners Announced.
Problem Tracks and Meeting Link
Problem tracks and meeting links will be released to all participants emails on the 30th July, 2020.
The challenge is a 48-hour sprint beginning on 31st July, 2020(2PM EST) and ending on 2nd August, 2020(2PM EST). Participants should expect to commit Friday evening,most of Saturday and Sunday afternoon/evening to the challenge. Participants do not need to be available 24/7 for the duration of the event but should communicate their availability to team members.
If you have additional questions or press inquiries, please email:email@example.com
DEADLINE: July 29 2020
To apply and for more information visit here